Epson Device Admin increases efficiency for customers managing Epson printer fleets
LOS ALAMITOS, Calif .– In manufacturing and distribution environments, ensuring that a fleet of label printers is operating efficiently is essential. Understanding the need for solutions that streamline configuration and provide insight into label printing device functions, Epson America today announced the availability of Epson Device Admin for its ColorWorks® C6000 Series Color On-Demand Label Printers. This free device management solution is designed to help customers streamline the installation, configuration and management, including monitoring and updating capabilities, of Epson networked label printers.
“Traditionally, the process of integrating and managing label printers has been both long and expensive – resources that IT teams don’t have in abundance,” said Andy Scherz, Product Manager, Epson America, Inc. . “Epson developed Epson Device Admin for the ColorWorks C6000-Series to help customers reduce IT time and the costs of deploying new label printers. It also allows remote management of printers and automatic alerts and updates to minimize downtime.
Available for the entire ColorWorks C6000-Series, including the CW-C6000A, CW-C6000P, CW-C6500A and CW-C6500P, Epson Device Admin enables businesses to remotely manage networked label printers in a distributed environment . Features include:
– Mass configuration capabilities to deploy settings from one “golden” printer to all others within a group
– Create and update printer groups based on factors such as department or geographic location
– Automatic alerts via email or SMS for low ink levels, error messages or other conditions
– Automatic firmware updates using user-defined time windows, so printing operations are not interrupted
– Detailed monitoring of all label printers on the network, allowing administrators to remotely identify and troubleshoot device conditions to keep productivity high and downtime low
– Generate reports on the use of devices and consumables to facilitate better management and better monitoring.
The ColorWorks C6000-Series are the first printers specifically designed as a color upgrade to black and white thermal transfer printers.1 Four models provide high volume color labels for production use, speeding labels up to 5 inches per second.2 Epson ColorWorks C6000-Series printers are available through Epson’s extensive network of authorized partners.
To view a short animated video illustrating the features of Epson Device Admin, click here. For more information, visit the Epson website. To download and install Epson Device Admin for CW-C6000A, CW-C6000P, CW-C6500A, or CW-C6500P, click here.